System Analyst (PL/SQL) - Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
January 12, 2021
April 30, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opportunity for two System Analysts to join our team. These positions will business requirements, perform design, development, support and documentation activities in an Oracle application environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Contribute and be accountable to your team’s activities and workload management.
- Maintain applications ensuring they are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (mostly PL/SQL) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Perform systems testing with both IT and business customers. Provide support during various phases of testing.
- Prepare documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Reviews requirements with the users and provides time estimates for task completion.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Apply quality IT control standards.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
- Could include data management activities such as designing and building data interfaces and extracts, forms and reports, and designing logical and physical data models.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Three or more years of progressive experience developing and designing implementations with small to large scale applications with data manipulation components preferably using PL/SQL or similar languages.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Applied knowledge of Oracle development tools.
- Proven experience in Object Oriented, Relational and UML methodologies.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills are a must.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Completion of Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate would be considered an asset.
- Strong data management skills including sourcing, transforming and analyzing data would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with developing dashboards and reports would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to establish and apply data visualization best practices and graphical design principles would be highly beneficial.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
January 12, 2021
April 30, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.