Reporting Analyst - Business Enablement - Edmonton or Calgary
Permanent Full Time
November 8, 2021
December 17, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a Reporting Analyst to join our team in Edmonton or Calgary. The Reporting Analyst will deliver insights to business leaders and customers using marketing, sales, and product information. The ideal candidate has a great attitude, has a proven track record for delivering excellent reporting results, and can quickly build expertise and relationships in constantly shifting business environments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Use your exceptional interpersonal skills, your ever-growing business knowledge, and your technical agility to deliver insights to our clients and advisors
- Work closely with our business leaders, customers, sales team, and product partners to find out what information they need, and then manage tasks and timelines to deliver results
- Design, develop, validate and deliver contractual and ad hoc reports for stakeholders
- Make recommendations and improvements to the design and delivery of reports, analytics practices, and data management
- Create excellent working relationships with stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- An undergraduate degree/Diploma or certification in Business, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent field is a must
- Minimum 2 years of experience querying and analyzing data to produce high-quality insights in a sales, operations or marketing environment
- Preferred minimum experience of 2 years using Oracle SQL query language and the Oracle SQL Developer tool, with high proficiency in both
- Above average skills in database querying and reporting with a working knowledge of database management functions, various reporting systems and techniques.
- Proficiency in building Microsoft Access queries to model forms and reports
- Quickly able to orient yourself in an unfamiliar data environment with little or no guidance
- Proven ability to infer probable data relationships to draw quick conclusions
- Strong capabilities in visualizing data into tables and graphs with Excel, and knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy and Power BI is an asset
- Commitment to a team environment including cross-training and report coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressures to meet tight deadlines
- Industry knowledge would be considered an asset
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until December 17, 2021. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca.
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross® has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to: (a) confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and provide proof they are fully vaccinated*, OR (b) produce a valid negative COVID-19 test** on an ongoing basis, at their cost, completed within 72 hours of working at any Alberta Blue Cross workplace starting December 15, 2021. Successful candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e., medical condition/ disability; religious belief) may request exemption and accommodation.
*Fully vaccinated means having received all of the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines, approved by Health Canada to produce an immune response to COVID-19 (i.e., at least two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) and at least 14 days have lapsed since the date on which the person received the last of the recommended doses.
**Heath Canada approved tests (PCR and point of care antigen test) administered by a health care professional (at home test kits are not acceptable).
Join our team
November 8, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.