Business Intelligence Analyst – Analytics, Research & Pricing
Permanent Full Time
November 15, 2021
December 15, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross ® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross ® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross ® is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for the Analytics team supporting the development and implementation of the organization’s analytics platform. This position will be part of a team whose purpose is to advance the impact that data and analytics will have on the business as well as support and foster a data driven culture. In return this individual will experience a dynamic, highly engaged, and fast-paced organization that is committed to your growth and advancement. The team is tasked to design and automate reports in our Business Intelligence system to enable effective and efficient decision making
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and develop compelling data visualizations that effectively answer business questions
- Provides design support and development of business intelligence solutions, including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery
- Work closely with data architects to identify, extract, manipulate and clean appropriate data to be used in predictive analytics initiatives.
- Engage with stakeholders to discover, analyze, and evaluate business intelligence needs to design appropriate solutions
- Gather business requirements and project manage tasks and timelines
- Create excellent working relationships with business, IT, and analytics peer group
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in quantitative discipline (i.e., Computing Science, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Engineering).
- Must have two years of hands-on marketing, strategy, and analytics exposure.
- Market exposure in the insurance industry is an asset but not required.
- Express a passion for data visualization and an understanding of front-end design principles. You can implement business requirements through multiple phases of front-end focused design to create intuitive and optimal visualizations.
- You must be able to design, validate and develop a presentation layer optimized for user experience using your knowledge of data visualization and service design principles.
- Possess a thorough understanding of data visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, PowerBI or Tableau.
- Familiarity and experience with SQL (Oracle) is required; R/Python knowledge is an asset.
- Must have a high degree of critical thinking, to select the most appropriate input data, modeling method, indicated variables, and techniques.
Alberta Blue Cross ® is an
inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross® has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to: (a) confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and provide proof they are fully vaccinated*, OR (b) produce a valid negative COVID-19 test** on an ongoing basis, at their cost, completed within 72 hours of working at any Alberta Blue Cross workplace starting December 15, 2021. Successful candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e., medical condition/ disability; religious belief) may request exemption and accommodation.
*Fully vaccinated means having received all of the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines, approved by Health Canada to produce an immune response to COVID-19 (i.e., at least two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) and at least 14 days have lapsed since the date on which the person received the last of the recommended doses.
**Heath Canada approved tests (PCR and point of care antigen test) administered by a health care professional (at home test kits are not acceptable).
Join our team
November 15, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.