Provider Relations Work from Home Representative- Contact Centre
Permanent Full Time
November 18, 2021
December 18, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Provider Relations Call Centre. The representative position responds to telephone inquiries from dental offices, regarding benefit eligibility and claim submission requirements and outcomes for Alberta Blue Cross benefit plan programs in accordance with the required standards, policies, rules and regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responds to telephone inquiries from providers on subscriber verification, benefit eligibility, plan maximums, requirement of prior approvals and claim inquiries.
- Verifies claims through online adjudication systems.
- Makes suggestions for ways
of improving workflows and processes.
Records and forwards provider feedback to the appropriate Team Manager and/or Manager.
- Supports various projects and analyses using Excel, Word, Access, and other computer software.
- Logs details of calls.
- Assists with other duties as required.
- Handles complex inquiries independently, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Works effectively with people, maintaining pleasant telephone manner.
- Thrives in a busy environment.
- Conducts research and analysis to determine the root of problems.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the desire for continuous learning is needed to meet the expectations of this role.
- Assumes ownership of the position and accountability for information relayed to providers.
- Demonstrates advanced customer service skills on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word and Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- A dental background and familiarity with dental terminology is an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with proven customer service experience with either in person or over the phone contact. A true commitment to a career as a call centre representative is an absolute must.
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to
a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross® has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to: (a) confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and provide proof they are fully vaccinated*, OR (b) produce a valid negative COVID-19 test** on an ongoing basis, at their cost, completed within 72 hours of working at any Alberta Blue Cross workplace starting December 15, 2021. Successful candidates who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (i.e., medical condition/ disability; religious belief) may request exemption and accommodation.
*Fully vaccinated means having received all of the recommended number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines, approved by Health Canada to produce an immune response to COVID-19 (i.e., at least two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) and at least 14 days have lapsed since the date on which the person received the last of the recommended doses.
**Heath Canada approved tests (PCR and point of care antigen test) administered by a health care professional (at home test kits are not acceptable).
Join our team
November 18, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.