Service Desk Analyst (Infrastructure & Operations) - Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
January 27, 2021
February 26, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit, and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Our Service Desk is the central point of contact for IT
inquiries and service requests received from internal employees, external
stakeholders and remote staff. Our customers expect a high level of quality in
services from our Service Desk employees - having technical and customer
service skills to provide excellent customer experience. It is therefore
essential that the successful candidate bring demonstrated proficiency in these
skillsets in order to support the Service Desk to continue building and
maintaining a reputation of excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide first line response for both internal and external customers needing assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone and/or email.
- Track issues to resolution using a service management application, updating the internal knowledge base and/or communicate learnings with relevant business units.
- Route incidents requiring more expertise to the appropriate operations support teams.
- Act as a liaison between customers and technical teams when necessary.
- Work rotating shifts Monday to Friday until 6 pm. Provide after hour on call support when scheduled.
- Maintain operating procedures and guidelines.
- Build functional knowledge and rotate to support other functions within Service Desk as scheduled.
- In addition to regular duties, the candidate should also have a mindset for innovation where status quo is challenged if it can be improved to be more efficient.
- Candidates with experience will be expected to participate in leadership type activities to help motivate the team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 5 years previous Help/Service Desk experience is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience in a customer service environment is required with a proven track record of being customer oriented, friendly and approachable.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft products such as SharePoint, Office 365 and Windows 10 etc.
- Demonstrated ability to write procedural policy and guidelines.
- Commitment to a team environment with a demonstrated team contribution focus.
- Demonstrated professionalism with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving proficiency with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the ITIL methodology is a definite plus.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a fast- paced service delivery environment.
- Willingness to work shifts (Monday – Friday, early shift starts at 7:30 a.m., late shift ends at 6:00 p.m.).
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
January 27, 2021
February 26, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.