Alberta Aids Daily Living (AADL) Coordinator, Health Services
Temporary Full Time
February 4, 2021
March 6, 2021
Temporary – Full Time
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Alberta Blue Cross has an excellent opportunity for individuals to apply their superior judgment and logical decision-making skills to a variety of processes we have in place to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. The AADL Coordinator will work alongside the Respiratory Therapist and support the needs of the therapist. This may include taking calls from providers, external sources and internal staff. You will be responsible for researching online AADL claims that have been submitted and creating and maintaining online records.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works independently to assess and determine appropriate system entry and correspondence for select requests.
- Ensures claims are processed and paid in accordance with contract provisions.
- Identifies and reports to the team manager any adjudication or system problems.
- Identifies necessary changes to improve overall operation of adjudication.
- Initiates and responds to correspondence and telephone inquiries from providers of service, other insurance carriers.
- Reports, in documented form to the team manager, any discrepancies or suspect claims that are not in line with contractual agreement.
- Assists as liaison between other departments within Alberta Blue Cross, or external partners as required.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Experience with benefits administration and coordination would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral communication and listening skills in the delivery of superior service to customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with government and community health programs and services would be beneficial.
- Related post secondary in health administration or insurance would be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
February 4, 2021
March 6, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.