Provider Relations Work from Home Representative- Contact Centre
Temporary Full Time
February 16, 2021
March 18, 2021
Temporary – Full Time
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Dental Provider Relations Call Centre. The representative position responds to telephone inquiries from health care providers such as dental offices, as well as all aspects of claims management for Alberta Blue Cross dental programs in accordance with the required standards, policies, rules and regulations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responds to telephone inquiries from providers on subscriber verification, benefit eligibility, plan maximums, requirement of prior approvals and claim inquiries.
- Verifies claims through online adjudication systems.
- Makes suggestions for ways
of improving workflows and processes.
Records and forwards dental provider feedback to the appropriate Team Manager and/or Manager.
- Supports various projects and analyses using Excel, Word, Access, and other computer software.
- Logs details of calls.
- Assists with other duties as required.
- Handles complex inquiries independently, utilizing strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Works effectively with people, maintaining pleasant telephone manner.
- Thrives in a busy environment.
- Conducts research and analysis to determine the root of problems.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the desire for continuous learning is needed to meet the expectations of this role.
- Assumes ownership of the position and accountability for information relayed to providers.
- Demonstrates advanced customer service skills on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word and Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- A dental background and familiarity with dental terminology is an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals with proven customer service experience with either in person or over the phone contact. A true commitment to a career as a call centre representative is an absolute must.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace
that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are
advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique
perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
February 16, 2021
March 18, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.