System Analyst (Java) - Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
February 19, 2021
March 21, 2021
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Our software development teams are divided by the portfolios they serve, ranging from Administration, Claims, Sales, Finance, and more. As the majority of our applications are built in house, they are supported by teams that include Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Operations, and a Project Management Office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Maintain applications – ensure applications are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (primarily Java) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Performs systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepares documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provides time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Apply quality IT control standards.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Oracle environment using J2EE and/or Oracle ADF.
- Experience with Spring Framework would be considered an asset.
- Experience in setting up the project structure, defining coding patterns/practices.
- Experience with system to system integration (Web Services, RESTful) would be considered an asset.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and consultation skills are a must.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Completion of Oracle Java certifications or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) would be considered an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
February 19, 2021
March 21, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.