Data Analyst- Analytics and Reporting
Permanent Full Time
April 12, 2022
June 6, 2022
Permanent Full Time – Work from Home
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
Working in a flexible work style arrangement, Claims Audit and Investigation Services conducts audits of health care providers and plan members to assure compliance with provider agreements, group contracts, policies, procedures, applicable legislation, and Alberta Blue Cross controls. This position offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic team dedicated to utilizing advanced analytics and data science to identify potential issues with the claiming patterns of plan members, health care providers and reporting on the results.
The Data Analyst will provide actionable, data-centric insights. The Data Analyst will also support our audit and Investigation team by preparing data for projects. This role entails the use of rule-based analytics for anomaly detection, data provisioning, and creating data driven reports. As a Data Analyst, you will play a key role in the delivery of our analytics fraud management practices strategy. The ideal candidate will be highly creative, curious, results-oriented and self-driven
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Data provisioning for audit and investigation projects
- Assist with developing analytical solutions; apply data analyst expertise including descriptive and statistical techniques to generate new insights and produce reports.
- Continuously improve outlier analytics, methods, processes, and procedures to address fraud and abuse more effectively.
- Participate in problem solving initiatives, collaborating with auditors and other business knowledge experts to assist our senior team members in designing innovative data driven solutions for anomaly and fraud detection
- Interpret data to discover solutions, opportunities and presenting findings to team members by utilization data visualizations and other means.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s in quantitative field.
- Experience in SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience with programming language such as R or python
- At least a year experience in analytics
- Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
- Proven track record of being organized, committed to accuracy, and detailed.
- Exhibit commitment to teamwork and be willing to learn and adapt to changing priorities.
- Capacity to work on multiple projects, prioritizes, and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrate self-direction with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
April 12, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.