Product Manager - Product Management
Permanent Full Time
April 26, 2022
May 26, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
Our Marketing and Customer Experience team is growing and have multiple positions available.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team. The Product Management team drives the creation of value to both our customers and organization through the products and services we introduce in the market. If you are passionate about product strategy and directly contributing to shaping our organization, understand the long-term picture, and have the ability make things happen, we want you on our team!
Reporting to the Manager of Product Portfolio, the Product Manager will be accountable for executing on Alberta Blue Cross’ overall product portfolio strategy. You will provide business leadership over product development initiatives that support Alberta Blue Cross’ vision.
Working in a flexible work style arrangement, you will have the flexibility to decide where and when you work. While you may be working remotely most of the time, there will be ample opportunity for face-to-face interactions, external and in-office meetings, team events, and other meaningful connections.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Leveraging market intelligence, business intelligence and voice of the customer, identify new and emerging market and business opportunities aligned with our product portfolio and broader organizational strategies.
- Create lean business cases that articulate strategic rationales for pursuing opportunities including scope of opportunity, challenges, risks and proposed strategies to capture them.
- Lead and facilitate the development of the product vision and strategy by working collaboratively with Senior Management and key stakeholders.
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes, including research, competitive analysis, planning, service delivery model evaluation, positioning and differentiation strategies, pricing, requirements development, roadmap development, and launch activities.
- Guide the success of product delivery by aligning the implementation and launch activities with the product vision and providing leadership in developing the product go-to-market strategy.
- Monitor progress of launched products to understand how products are performing. Work closely with key teams to formulate insights to enable recalibration of product and go-to-market strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of five years of related experience.
- Product management or project management experience is a strong asset.
- Proven ability to build positive, productive and trusted relationships with diverse groups of people, always displaying an appreciation for processes, change management and organization culture.
- An innovative leader with an ability to apply design and systems thinking to solve problems and bring cross-functional teams together to achieve the product portfolio and broader organizational objectives.
- Experienced and skilled as a facilitator. Exceptional communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills with a particular flair for business storytelling and making complex ideas understandable.
- Highly proficient in collaboration and in the ability to build trust and exert organizational influence.
- Masterful at multi-tasking and collaborating with multiple stakeholders in an ever changing environment.
Alberta Blue Cross
® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the
diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our
employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives,
backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open unit a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
April 26, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.