UX Designer - Digital Experience
Permanent Full Time
May 3, 2022
June 2, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
We have big plans and an even bigger vision at Alberta Blue Cross® to deliver an exceptional digital experience for everyone. We are looking for a designer to join us on our mission to design universal, efficient, and enjoyable experiences that disrupt the benefits industry.
The ideal candidate for this position will advocate for our users. You are highly creative, strongly focused on ethical design and not afraid to challenge concepts in the design industry in support of our users. You will have an expert understanding about how our users think, speak, feel, behave and act to create user experiences that are useful and desirable.
You will have a deep passion to help our users solve their problems. You recognize how your decisions support users in finding the health information they need and using their benefits to help them live their best lives. In return, you’ll be part of a high-performing, ambitious and truly user-centric team that brings compassion, humanity and clarity to our digital platforms.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
You will have the flexibility to decide how and when you work. While you may be working from home most of the time, there will be plenty of opportunity to come into the office periodically for important meetings, team events and other purposeful connections.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about exploring user interactions.
- Advocate for universal experiences.
- Committed to seeking out and providing constructive feedback.
- Dedicated to delivering the ultimate user experience.
- Endlessly curious, challenge the status-quo and never stop asking questions.
- Self-driven and self-motivated learner with a commitment to explore emerging trends, tools, and technologies.
- Loves change and can bring clarity to any situation.
- Not afraid to ask for help, fail or try again.
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction.
- Have an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build UX plans that accurately connect user needs to business goals.
- Create simple, accessible, approachable, and purposeful experiences that enables customers to self-serve while growing their expertise.
- Benchmark and measure user experience goals and task success that support’s business objectives and the brand’s reputation.
- Develop experience studies, survey assessments and evaluation plans to test interface designs for efficacy, desirability, and confidence.
- Combine your domain expertise with stakeholder interviews, business requirements, competitive research, user research and analytical data to understand complex systems and regulatory environments and distill the concepts to any audience.
- Conduct user and competitive research to inform user flows, information architecture, wireframes, personas, storyboards and understand user mental models/heuristic evaluations.
- Guide developers and designers across the organization on UX best practices and accessibility standards.
- Define and document interaction flow and desired behaviour of all design applications.
- Rapidly test and iterate on possible design solutions to deliver solid prototypes for your project team.
- Identify opportunities for UI enhancements and innovations based on feedback and qualitative/quantitative analytics.
- Effectively pitch ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Help build and maintain a knowledge base of UX design standards that contribute to the DX practice and design system.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of three to five years’ working experience and progressive responsibilities creating interfaces for digital platforms.
- A portfolio of recent accomplishments that showcases your process.
- Experience utilizing human-centered design, testing and research methodologies.
- Experience leading co-design sessions, project sprints, planning sessions, stakeholder workshops, and presenting analysis and output.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to task switch while maintaining attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly evolving environments, competing priorities and changing requirements.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn new things and desire to stay on top of industry trends, the competitive landscape and top news.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Degree or diploma in design, UX, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Psychology or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and XD is considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is considered an asset.
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU:
- Support a healthy work/life balance.
- Invest in your growth and expertise.
- Provide opportunities mentorship from across the organization.
- Be part of maturing our user experience practice.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
Alberta Blue Cross® offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please provide your resume and cover letter along with your portfolio showcasing your work and apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
May 3, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.