System Analyst (Microsoft ASP.net) – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
May 6, 2022
June 5, 2022
Permanent – Full Time – Work From Home
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opportunity for a systems analyst that specializes in Microsoft ASP.net. This position will analyze business requirements, perform design, development, support and documentation activities in a Microsoft ASP.net application environment. Exceptional communication skills and leadership skills are an asset as you work in an environment of collaboration with Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure & Operations, and our Project Management Office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Analyzes application problems and recommends modifications.
- Designs and builds custom pages for various business units.
- Produces and maintains program code and documentation.
- Designs and builds data interfaces and extracts.
- Designs logical and physical data models.
- Prepares functional specifications for user sign-off.
- Performs systems testing with internal and external clients. Provide support during various phases of testing.
- Prepares Operations instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Reviews requirements with the users and provides time estimates for task completion.
- Lead and facilitate design meetings.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
- Mentor and coach junior team members and contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience working with Microsoft .NET technologies building large scale applications.
- Experience in setting up the project structure, defining coding patterns/practices, selecting the appropriate .NET and UI Widget libraries for the application.
- Develop mobile display enabled web applications using responsive design, CSS, Media Query.
- Demonstrated experience in a Microsoft environment using ASP.NET, C# and Visual Studio.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn business applications.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with VB.NET, Spring.NET, iBATIS, CVS, ComponentArt, Altova, iText and Infragistics would be an asset.
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL and Reports would be an asset.
- Experience in Java would be an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership would be an asset.
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
May 6, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.