System Analyst (Java) – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
May 6, 2022
June 5, 2022
Permanent – Full Time – Work From Home
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Our software development teams are divided by the portfolios they serve, ranging from Administration, Claims, Sales, Finance, and more. As the majority of our applications are built in house, they are supported by teams that include Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Operations, and a Project Management Office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Maintain applications – ensure applications are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (primarily Java) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Performs systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepares documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provides time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Follow IT Controls practices (e.g. IT Governance, Data Privacy) to ensure quality output.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Oracle environment using J2EE and/or Oracle ADF.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Experience in setting up the project structure, defining coding patterns/practices.
- Experience with system to system integration (Web Services, RESTful) would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Spring Framework would be considered an asset.
- Experience with iOS or Android development would be an asset
- Experience writing PL/SQL code would be an asset.
- Experience in .NET or web services development would be an asset.
- Completion of Oracle Java certifications or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) would be considered an asset.
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
May 6, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.