Wellness Advisor - Action on Wellness
Permanent Full Time
May 10, 2022
June 9, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life integration and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Working in a flexible workstyle, the Wellness Advisor is responsible for leading business development, partnerships, projects, product development and implementation, as well as organizational health and performance initiatives with clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- The Wellness Advisor will be responsible for executing the actions outlined in the wellness strategy and the operational plan to provide overall support to the Manager.
- Lead new wellness product/project planning, implementation, initiatives, communications and launches.
- Develop, monitor and update project documents such as proposals, business cases, stakeholder and risk analyses, privacy impacts, budgets, and reporting.
- Support the ongoing development of existing and future relationships with external wellness solution providers and partners.
- Work with the key business departments to develop, execute and launch products and projects.
- Subject matter expert and lead liaison for relevant stakeholders and audiences to implement Alberta Blue Cross’s wellness solutions.
- Engage with customers and partners on their wellness vision, goals, initiatives and wellness successes and challenges - to customize, collaborate and develop most valuable solutions.
- Support and/or develop internal and external communications including briefing notes, social blogs, whitepapers, presentations and reports in collaboration with marketing, communications or other business units.
- Develop and provide tools for leadership and employee engagement, reporting and analytics, and make recommendations.
- Lead and/or support research, evaluation and environmental scanning activities for wellness projects, products and partnerships.
- Recommend clear processes and procedures to support efficiencies on our team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management, and/or product management in a health and wellness environment.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that have a post-secondary degree or relevant experience in a business and health-focused field. Masters’ level training considered an asset.
- 3-5 years experience in a corporate environment, healthcare, workplace wellness, health benefits/sales, innovative product development or related areas.
- Exceptional presentation and knowledge translation skills to effectively communicate with senior management and corporate stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal engagement, and relationship building skills coupled with professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Proven ability to partner effectively with diverse stakeholders and develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to lead and manage change to create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and consultation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team.
- Solid problem-solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to proactively recognize issues and identify alternative solutions.
- Skilled with Excel, Visio, Microsoft and other related software.
- Travel and meeting with external stakeholders may be required.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an
inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
May 10, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.