Business Specialist - Group Initiatives & Innovation
Permanent Full Time
June 17, 2022
July 17, 2022
Permanent– Full Time– Mobile
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta-based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members, and we take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross® has an immediate opening for a results-driven self-starter who can research, start, and complete initiatives on their own, coordinate with many stakeholder departments, and provide the Manager of Group Initiatives & Innovation with key updates. The Business Specialist will be responsible for successfully organizing and implementing initiatives that either align with Alberta Blue Cross® corporate projects, or otherwise help Alberta Blue Cross® successfully realize its goals for corporate strategy, operations, social purpose, customer experience, and wellness. The successful candidate will work closely with Group Client Solutions, Group Member Administration, and many other departments around the organization, and will report to the Manager of Group Initiatives & Innovation to ensure tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner. The team’s initiatives are typically related to the administration of group benefits plans, but may also relate to individual benefits plans, government-sponsored plans, or other business or administration channels within the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works on various corporate projects and department initiatives
- Conduct research, implement changes, run projects, and report on status
- Summarize findings and suggest recommendations in written and verbal form
- Work closely with project teams to identify and manage impacts of systems changes to business processes and resourcing
- Work with the Group Clients Solutions and Group Member Administration areas to review and implement operational best practices
- Support business development and product implementation initiatives across the organization
- Drive various projects, such as the introduction of specific operational changes, legislative research, operational process reviews, reporting, and much more
- Analyze metrics and produce project summary reports
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Group Initiatives & Innovation
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or prior experience would be an asset
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of group benefits plans, contracts, systems, and processes would be an asset
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communication skills – listening, written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and resourcefulness
- Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines; and prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and deadlines, all without jeopardizing quality
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Constructive and collaborative attitude, and a strong desire to learn more
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong networking and relationship skills
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
June 17, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.