Contract Senior Business Analyst- Information Technology
July 18, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans.
Alberta Blue Cross® is seeking a contract senior business analyst to direct and lead the analysis of business processes and business requirements for the implementation of a new cloud-based Finance solution. The business analyst will have experience of Finance processes and systems and be responsible for providing business analysis expertise in the areas of requirements documentation, testing strategies, modeling techniques, standards and tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with Functional SMEs, System Analysts and Solution Architects to design and document data integration requirements between operational systems and core Finance systems.
- Consult with clients to gather and effectively capture complex business requirements in the form of use cases at an advanced level.
- Document requirements using use case modeling concepts.
- Liaise with the technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and design phases.
- Work with the project manager to plan the day to day management of the business analysis, design, development and testing tasks. Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
design and documentation of future state processes and data flow.
Support planning for and execution of end-to-end integration testing.
- Participate in the test plan development process by working collaboratively to develop test cases, scenarios, and specifications that assess whether the system satisfies all of the business requirements.
- Actively participate in project review meetings providing status updates to the business sponsor and project manager.
- Identify any potential schedule or project problems and provide solutions to alleviate any problems.
- Support the development of the user training documentation for business users to ensure effective and efficient use of the new systems.
- Coordinate the efforts of other business analysts.
- Prepare ad hoc reports.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science/Software Development or related field is required.
- A minimum of ten years direct experience in the areas of business analysis and user acceptance testing.
- Experience of Finance system implementation in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience in designing integrations between Finance and operational systems.
- Knowledge of end-to-end Finance business processes.
- Experience of the Workday HCM and Finance cloud solution is preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills that will be utilized in conducting user workshops to define requirements.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Unified Modeling Language (UML), including but not limited to activity diagrams, use cases, sequence diagrams etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both the user community and technical teams.
- Experience in drawing out requirements from the business teams and effectively communicate those requirements to the technical teams.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, and SQL Navigator.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Decision-making ability and demonstrated leadership potential is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to pay persistent attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the big picture.
- Ability to multitask and meet the challenges of a fast-paced changing environment.
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management body of knowledge and software development methodologies would be beneficial.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an
inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca.
Join our team
July 18, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.