Senior Internal Auditor
Permanent Full Time
July 29, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta-based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross® is looking for a Senior Auditor with exceptional communication and analytical acumen to join our Internal Audit Services department. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit Services, the Senior Auditor will collaborate closely with Operations, Risk and Assurance Services, and Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis in enhancing the partnership of Internal Audit Services and business stakeholders to contribute to a robust and effective financial control environment, while performing internal audits and providing advisory support.
In addition to leading and conducting operational, financial, compliance and governance-related audit and advisory projects, the Senior Auditor will contribute to the development and delivery of financial controls, including reporting. The Senior Auditor will take initiative to identify process improvements, efficiencies, and best practices, as well as overall organizational excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute to the delivery of financial control reporting requirements, including but not limited to CSAE 3416 reports.
- Facilitate and support the documentation and understanding of financial controls with Operations through training and mentorship through use of business process narratives, risk and control matrices and flowcharts.
- Proactively work with process owners to scope, design and implement controls to address key risks, and ensure design adequacy and operating effectiveness of those controls.
- Plan and perform tests of controls, including the evaluation, reporting and remediation of deficiencies to ensure the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial reporting controls.
- Actively seek uniformity and automation of controls across the corporation through effective use of financial systems and innovative technology to enhance and continuously improve the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Identify and evaluate organizational risk areas and project risks to support the development of the annual risk-based audit plan and project audit plans.
- Perform full suite audit procedures, including conducting interviews with key stakeholders, identifying risks and defining issues, developing criteria, collecting, and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
- Identify, develop, and document audit findings and recommendations using professional judgement on the areas under audit.
- Assist in providing training, coaching, and guidance to Internal Audit Services team members in conducting audits, designing controls, and other audit-related issues.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- CPA or CIA designation, with two or more years post-designation experience.
- Progressively responsible experience in auditing internal financial controls – Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience in developing, designing, analyzing and continuously improving reports and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to break down complex financial concepts and communicate without prejudice, while forming collaborative partnerships that engage various levels within the organization, including executive and non-financial managers.
- Develop and present information while facilitating decision making at various levels within the Corporation for both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Solid time management, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables, anticipate obstacles and meet deadlines.
- Be able to take initiative and thrive on ownership and responsibility.
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable skill in effective oral and written communications, including active listening and presenting findings and recommendations.
Blue Cross® is an
inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
July 29, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.