Team Manager – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
July 29, 2022
Permanent – Full Time – Mobile
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Do you want to help people achieve
maximum health and wellness and live Their Best Life?
Are you a good people leader with a knack for inspiring technical teams?
Are you able to create dynamic team environments that are both productive and positive?
Are you great at being organized and running small to medium sized projects?
We are seeking a Team Manager who is skilled at helping teams balance the everyday demands for prioritization & productivity along with creating an enjoyable and supportive atmosphere.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and inspire a team of IT professionals to deliver high-quality business solutions every day.
- Provide effective overall team management and guidance.
- Create an engaging and open environment where employees feel supported, equipped and trusted to do their best work.
- Be dialed-in to the pulse of both your team and the organization.
- Identify areas for improvement within the team. These could be areas like inefficient processes, alternative technologies or missing skills.
- Develop individualized employee performance plans that incorporate feedback, career aspirations, and training plans.
- Manage team allocation to internal work requests as well as project work.
- Provide day-to-day operational management in the development, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of business applications, which meet business requirements.
- Introduce and enforce quality control standards.
- Ensure the team is delivering highly valued and trusted services to business customers.
- Ensure the teams’ applications are running well and able to be reported on and measured.
- Maintain service-level agreements to agreed upon levels.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the organization on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership to small/medium internal IT projects aligned with Corporate Project management methodology.
- Train, mentor and coach team members, under the direction of the manager, to build a workforce of the highest quality.
- Ensure Systems Development Life Cycle best practices are being followed.
- Provide expertise to internal clients, external clients and team members.
- Understand the application environments and interdependencies with other systems.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of three years of leadership in an IT related organization or team providing both technical and analytical services to internal clients.
- Experience understanding customer/business requirements.
- A solid understand and familiarity with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge of ITIL and Project Management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well with people and to inspire them to do their best work every day.
- Effective prioritization and organization of both people and work.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Effective and efficient delegation skills.
- Ability to handle and manage change, both personally, with your team and with your customers.
- Ability to help resolve difficult problems.
- Strong people skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Committed to providing customers both internally and externally with exceptional care, attention to detail and the highest of quality.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
July 29, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.