System Analyst (Java) - Information Technology - Contract
July 29, 2022
Contract – 1-year term – Work From Home
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans.
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Our software development teams are divided by the portfolios they serve, ranging from Administration, Claims, Sales, Finance, and more. As the majority of our applications are built in house, they are supported by teams that include Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Operations, and a Project Management Office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Maintain applications – ensure applications are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (primarily Java) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Performs systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepares documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provides time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Follow IT Controls practices (e.g. IT Governance, Data Privacy) to ensure quality output.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Oracle environment using J2EE and/or Oracle ADF.
- Experience with Spring Framework would be considered an asset.
- Experience in setting up the project structure, defining coding patterns/practices.
- Experience with system to system integration (Web Services, RESTful) would be considered an asset.
- Experience writing PL/SQL code would be an asset.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and consultation skills are a must.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Completion of Oracle Java certifications or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) would be considered an asset.
Join our team
July 29, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.