Intermediate & Senior System Analysts (PL/SQL) – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
July 29, 2022
Permanent – Full Time – Work From Home
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
With over 300 employees in our IT department, individuals contribute to the maintenance, enhancement, and new development of applications that serve both our internal and external customers. Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opportunity, for permanent full-time Intermediate and Senior System Analysts to join our team. These positions will gather business requirements, perform design, development, support and documentation activities in an Oracle application environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Contribute and be accountable to your team’s activities and workload management.
- Maintain applications ensuring they are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (mostly PL/SQL) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Perform systems testing with both IT and business customers. Provide support during various phases of testing.
- Prepare documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Reviews requirements with the users and provides time estimates for task completion.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Follow IT Controls practices (e.g. IT Governance, Data Privacy) to ensure quality output.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
- Could include data management activities such as designing and building data interfaces and extracts, forms and reports, and designing logical and physical data models.
- Be a leader in your team to help bring in all viewpoints to resolve any differences and conflicts.
- Instill in others the willingness to do the job and work toward common objectives.
- Help your team persevering through distractions, shifting priorities, and repeated obstacles.
- Help your team setting and striving to attain work objectives.
- Display certainty in one’s ability to make decisions and perform difficult job tasks and self-assurance in all work relationships.
- Potentially lead small projects.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- For Intermediate five or more, Senior ten or more years of progressive experience developing and designing implementations with small to large scale applications with data manipulation components preferably using PL/SQL or similar languages.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Applied knowledge of Oracle development tools.
- Proven experience in Object Oriented, Relational and UML methodologies.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Completion of Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate would be considered an asset.
- Experience with ETL development would be highly beneficial.
- Strong data management skills including sourcing, transforming and analyzing data would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with developing dashboards and reports would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to establish and apply data visualization best practices and graphical design principles would be highly beneficial.
- Very strong skillset in PL/SQL development with experience in complex designs.
- Experience leading a project or be a technical lead role.
- Leadership skills to create positive, respectful and productive working relationships with all types of stakeholders.
- The ability to think outside the box to solve complex problems.
Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Alberta Blue Cross has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that applies to all of its employees. As a condition of employment, successful job applicants will be asked to confirm their COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to provide proof of a valid negative COVID-19 test or a valid exemption pursuant to applicable human rights law if not fully vaccinated.
Join our team
July 29, 2022
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.