Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross® is an Alberta based organization dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
Working in a flexible work style arrangement, Reporting to the Director of Analytics, Research & Pricing, the Pricing Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting the broader CX and Marketing Team in the development and management of Group and Individual Products. The position is accountable for processing information requests pertaining to financial performance, modelling, compiling statistical information, investigating and solving data integrity issues, preparing reports and analyzing trend information.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Utilize in-depth knowledge of corporate data structures and reporting environments to produce pricing solutions, with the goal to provide quality information for fact-based decision making.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather requirements, perform analysis and develop meaningful reporting.
• Develop and maintain a wide variety of business-critical financial models (daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc to meet business requirements) using Excel, Access, SQL and Business Intelligence Tools.
• Collect, trend, analyze and report statistical data.
• Respond to incoming ad hoc pricing requests around new and existing products.
• Maintain an awareness of changing business needs and recommend enhancements to rating methodology for both quotations and renewal business.
• Analyze current processes and implement solutions to streamline and improve productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
• Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (i.e., Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, or Mathematics).
• Actuarial designation (FSA, FCAS, ASA, ACAS) would be considered an asset.
• Skilled in using database software (Access, SQL, Oracle or another server database platform).
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access is required.
• Understanding of benefit plans and Alberta Blue Cross products is preferred.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills as well as attention to detail are required.
• Ability to interpret data and convert mathematical findings into pertinent business insights.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Ability and desire to work independently and communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to contribute within a team environment.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca