Senior Project Manager – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
March 15, 2021
April 30, 2021
We currently have one Permanent Full Time and one 1-Year Contract opportunity available. The Senior Project Manager plays a key role in the initiation, planning, implementation, and closure of major projects. The Senior Project Manager provides high-level leadership to deliver business benefits through systems solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Business stakeholder management – work with various business and project stakeholders to understand the business objectives and requirements to ensure the program/project outcomes will contribute to these expectations and deliver business benefits in a cost-effective manner.
- Planning and execution – define the overall project plans including the work breakdown structure (scope), resources, budget, schedule, and executes against the approved plan.
- Financial management – responsible for managing the scope, schedule, and resources within the approved budget; monitors and tracks financials addressing variances as appropriate.
- Risk and issue management – anticipate risks interfering the successful completion and implementation of a program or project, develops mitigation strategies, and facilitates resolution of issues to lessen negative impacts to cost, schedule and quality.
- Quality/organizational change management – work with our change management team and the business units to ensure processes and resources are defined to deliver a quality solution where business and operational areas are prepared and trained to accept the solution.
- Manage full project lifecycle following the corporate project management methodology.
- Engage with management and business units by facilitating, leading, and managing our systems, and business driven initiatives.
- Work with our employees, clients, and vendors in designing, building and testing new solutions.
- Define, request, on-board, and coordinate the project team.
- Mentor and coach individuals within the team to grow and develop in ways that address both corporate and individual needs.
- Foster a respectful and positive working environment within the team that aligns closely with Alberta Blue Cross’s core values and effectively manage conflict.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with project stakeholders.
- Introduce and enforce quality control standards.
- Provide direction and support to the project team quality assurance.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Develop and present project status reports and other relevant information to stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Facilitate risk definition, mitigate and manage project risks.
- Facilitate issue resolution, options and required decisions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project objectives.
- Collaborate and coordinate with fellow Project Managers.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in project management with proficiency across the full project lifecycle.
- Managed medium to large complexity projects related to enterprise systems implementations.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in providing leadership to teams of business, IT, and vendor resources.
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organizing and delegating.
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with strong skills in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of stakeholders ranging from Executives to Analysts.
- Program Management experience is an asset.
- Experience with health care or health benefits systems is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
March 15, 2021
April 30, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.