Case Manager – Life and Disability Services
Permanent Full Time
March 19, 2021
May 3, 2021
(junior and experienced positions available)
Do you have the willingness and natural passion to help people? Can you build trusting relationships? Do you like critical thinking? If so, we have exciting opportunities for you with our Life & Disability Services team where you can impact lives for the better!
Our Life and Disability team is continuing to grow and currently has several exciting opportunities for Case Managers at junior and senior levels. Working in a flexible work style arrangement, our Case Managers are responsible for managing Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability claims. You will manage the initial decision making on the claim as well as ongoing management including developing and monitoring treatment plans, return to work planning and rehabilitation programs. As a Case Manager, you will develop relationships with involved parties and provides expert advice to internal and external customers on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Adjudicate Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability claims.
- Ensure proper application of rules and regulations as outlined in the Group Policy and in accordance with the Canadian Life and Health Association (CLHIA) guidelines.
- Plan, implement and evaluate sound case management principles.
- Responsible for the issuance of correct benefit payment.
- Responsible for professional and accurate verbal and written communication with all stakeholders.
- Manage assigned portfolio and become subject matter expert on assigned groups.
- Communicate with other Alberta Blue Cross departments including Medical Underwriting, Group Underwriting, Sales, Group Administration, and Accounting to provide and exchange information regarding claims activities, eligibility and financial transactions.
- Degree or diploma in a health-related field such as in Nursing, Kinesiology, Rehabilitation Medicine or Social Work is an asset.
- Experience related to disability claims management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance benefit industry is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure.
- Strong team-player skills and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation and independence.
- Ability to deal effectively with external stakeholders and coworkers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) would be an asset.
- Enrollment in LOMA or other industry related courses would be an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
March 19, 2021
May 3, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.