Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis
Permanent Full Time
March 26, 2021
April 25, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
OVERVIEW:The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) department has an exciting role for an experienced financial analyst. Reporting to the Team Manager, the primary responsibility of this position will be to support and advise business operations through financial analytics while contributing to the analytical, business and technical support for the department. Monthly reporting, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, cost allocations, and ad hoc reporting is what we do; modeling and reporting, with a strong focus of business is how we get there. Being a collaborative business partner to operations is what we do; monthly reporting, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, cost allocations and ad hoc reporting, all with a strong focus on business, is how we do it.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Engage with business areas to understand and interpret budget, forecast, costing output and monthly financial information on a regular basis.
- Establish consultative relationships with business areas in response to requests to develop business analysis and plans that improve overall financial results.
- Support business in ROI statements, customer profitability analysis, cost allocation analysis and resource optimization analysis.
- Assesses the effectiveness of strategies and best practices in assessing budgets and forecasts.
- Align Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with organizational goals and utilizes tools and reports to effectively monitor and communicate KPI’s.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, communicate and report on budget, forecast & costing.
- Develop & maintain the tools, models, reports and financial procedures used by FP&A.
- Take a lead role in departmental and organizational projects and initiative.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Undergraduate degree focused on finance, accounting or business.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is preferred. A related degree coupled with several years related experience will be considered.
- 4+ years’ progressively responsible experience in budgeting, forecasting and analysis in a similar size organization.
- Knowledge working with modeling Activity Based Costing.
- Experience developing, designing, analyzing and continuously improving reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to break down complex financial concepts and communicate without prejudice, while forming collaborative partnerships that engage various levels within the organization, including executive and non-financial managers.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills including presenting results of analysis as well as writing and maintaining documentation for technical processes and high-level end user guides.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables, anticipate obstacles and meet deadlines.
- Be able to take initiative and thrive on ownership and responsibility.
- Self-starter, strategic, inquisitive & goal-oriented with a strong business acumen.
- Advanced experience in data analysis utilizing software such as Microsoft (Excel and Access)
- Experience with enterprise reporting or corporate performance management systems and tools.
Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the
diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our
employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives,
backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
March 26, 2021
April 25, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.