Senior Group Sales Representative – Grande Prairie
Permanent Full Time
December 22, 2020
February 26, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Under the direction of the Manager, Group Sales & Business Development North, this position is responsible for new business, retention and profitability targets being met or exceeded and that the business is financially viable, administratively feasible and enhances the overall customer experience. One of the basic fundamentals of the position is to promote and market Alberta Blue Cross to various community and business organizations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be able to quickly create a level of trust, which includes maintaining values and behaviors with all advisors, clients and prospects while keeping promises in delivering strong results.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with benefits advisors.
- Review of specifications from benefit advisors and plan sponsors ensuring the information is complete, comprehensive and meets Alberta Blue Cross underwriting and administration requirements.
- Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge of the suite of products and services.
- Timely follow-up of all quotes and proposals and determine the competitiveness in the group insurance market.
- Enrollment and installation of new business.
- Present renewals to the assigned book of business, ensuring that the cost of doing business is on a viable basis.
- Lead sales, administrative and educational presentations to benefit advisors and plan sponsors.
- Assist management in advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Participate in project related activities with cross functional groups.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Focused and self-motivated on all targets and goals.
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate supervisory and managerial skills.
- Strong industry experience and knowledge, including underwriting, trends and marketplace drivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with benefit advisors, underwriters, and the sales and service team demonstrating sensitivity to team department and individual needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads, frequent changes, ambiguity and other pressures.
- Asset to have a Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or higher designation, such as CEBS.
- A continuous learner with a desire to enroll in continuing educational courses, i.e. CEBS, industry related conferences, seminars as required.
- Life, Accident, and Sickness licensing is required.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a performance-based incentive commission program, competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
December 22, 2020
February 26, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.