Retention Specialist - Individual Products - Work from Home within Alberta
Permanent Full Time
March 29, 2021
April 28, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate full-time work from home Retention Specialist position in our Individual Products Call Centre. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, customer centric and results driven.
In this inbound and outbound call centre, the focus is on member retention through building strong relationships, creating value while delivering exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will be passionate about being an ambassador for Alberta Blue Cross by providing solutions and exceptional experiences for our members and driven by achieving individual and team targets.
- Connect with Individual Products customers considering cancelling to assess and respond to their needs and offer member-focused guidance and solutions.
- Cultivate member relationships and deliver excellent customer experience in all interactions by building trust and showing patience and compassion.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and delivery of the retention process.
- Achieve and exceed daily, monthly, and quarterly individual and team targets.
- Follow up on inquiries, retention opportunities and resolve complex issues.
- Take responsibility and action to meet customer and organizational demands.
- Effectively manage a target number of inbound and outbound calls daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Preference will be given to those candidates with previous retention, call centre or customer service experience.
- Obtaining Accident & Sickness and Life License by successfully completing the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and subsequent exams.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Proven record of the delivery of superior customer service and retention in a metric/KPI driven environment.
- Highly developed awareness of how service, activities and actions add value for customers.
- Self-direction and goal-orientation with a clear sense of accountability.
- Ability to overcome or eliminate barriers that hinder achievement of individual and organizational goals.
- Superior communication skills with ability to demonstrate empathy in a positive and courteous manner.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict
resolution abilities, including
handling objections and making prompt decisions.
Willingness to seek out, accept and apply constructive feedback.
- Strength in the areas of adaptability, flexibility, innovation and independence.
- Superior organization and time management and the ability to cope in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Commitment to maintaining a strong team environment. Invested in personal and team success.
Training for LLQP licensing will be fully paid by Alberta Blue Cross. Targeted yearly compensation includes a competitive base salary plus incentive, based on achieving retention targets.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
March 29, 2021
April 28, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.