Wellness Advisor - Action on Wellness
Permanent Full Time
March 30, 2021
April 29, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life integration and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Under the direction of Manager, Organizational Wellness, the Wellness Advisor will be responsible for working with Alberta Blue Cross clients and partners to support the implementation of the Wellness Strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- The Wellness Advisor will be responsible for executing the actions outlined in the Wellness Strategy and the Operational plans to provide overall support to the Manager.
- Support in liaising with plan sponsors, administrators or relevant stakeholders to implement Alberta Blue Cross solutions in their organization.
- Subject matter expert in creating and implementing innovative wellness solutions while following our product and project methodologies.
- Coordinate and/or manage new wellness product implementation, initiatives, communications and launches.
- Provide background information and some administrative support for project status summary reports, dashboards and budgets to management.
- Support the ongoing development of existing and future relationships with external wellness solution providers and partners.
- Work with the key departments to develop, execute and launch engagement strategies.
- Meet with customers to discuss their wellness vision, goals, current initiatives and wellness successes and/or barriers to customize most valuable solutions.
- Create and deliver impactful presentations to a variety of stakeholders and customers on the benefits of wellness and the Alberta Blue Cross wellness solutions.
- Support clients with their wellness vision and goals, including providing tools for leadership and employee engagement, reporting and analytics, and make recommendations for customized wellness solutions.
- Conduct organizational assessments with plan administrators and wellness leaders.
- Work with Corporate Marketing, Communications, Group and Individual Product sales and Customer Experience teams to facilitate communication and promotions internally and with customers/external parties.
- Follow-up and assist external clients who are engaged in our Balance® online wellness platform to develop and help implement wellness strategies for successful engagement and utilization of Balance.
- Recommend clear processes and procedures to support efficiencies on our team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Strong understanding of wellness and health promotion. Preference will be given to those candidates that have a university degree in a related health-focused field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare, public or community health, workplace wellness, health benefits/sales, innovative product development or related areas.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and knowledge translation skills to effectively communicate with senior management and corporate stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal engagement skills coupled with professionalism in verbal and written communication.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to proactively recognize issues and identify alternative solutions.
- Experience in project management, evaluation, developing internal and external communication documents/reports or presentations.
- Strong initiative and organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Understanding of Occupational health and safety, National Psychological Health and Safety standard and workplace wellness frameworks/resources.
- Skilled with Excel, Visio, Microsoft and other related software.
- Travel may be required.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
March 30, 2021
April 29, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.