Inside Sales Representative - Individual Products - Work from Home within Alberta
Permanent Full Time
March 31, 2021
May 1, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Are you an experienced sales professional and looking for a long-term career? Well look no further, we are growing our Individual Products Sales Team and currently have multiple Representative positions available. We are seeking enthusiastic, results driven individuals to join our dynamic team. Individual Products key focus is on customer experience and strong relationship building. In this call centre environment, you will be the experts in educating and promoting our individual health and dental plans over the phone and online. You will assess individual needs and offer client-focused solutions while generating business on behalf of Alberta Blue Cross. The successful candidate must be passionate about providing exceptional customer experience daily and be goal and target driven in Sales.
- Effectively manage a target number of both inbound calls and daily follow up with potential clients that have expressed interest in our products.
- Maintain a book of business to support and drive further sales growth.
- Achieve turnaround standard times, manages complex issues/files as required.
- Create a positive first impression and establish credibility by assessing client needs and providing appropriate product knowledge.
- Build rapport; foster trust; and create value by determining the comfort level of the customer and asking key questions.
- Demonstrate patience and compassion throughout the sales process.
- Maintain an outstanding customer experience through all customer interactions.
- React to customer inquiries and concerns; prioritize future follow ups accordingly.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and delivery of the sales process.
- Demonstrate understanding of government policy and practice, and the impact on Alberta Blue Cross and the overall industry.
- Occasional travel to represent Alberta Blue Cross at industry relevant Trade Shows in Alberta.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have two or more years’ experience in a sales related role.
- Proven track record of sales performance, ideally selling in a call center environment.
- A strong desire to succeed driven by individual results within a team-based environment.
- Preference will be given to those with previous sales experience driven by meeting assigned metrics or KPI’s.
- Having or obtaining an Accident & Sickness and Life License by successfully completing the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) and subsequent exams.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Consistently proactive and results driven; maintains high levels of productivity and awareness required to achieve both team and individual success.
- Self-directed with energy and a strong sense of accountability. Performs quality work and completes all tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills focused on building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability in delivering a superior customer experience.
- Positive attitude and productive, professional and courteous manner.
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Commitment to maintaining a strong team environment. Invested in the success of the team.
- Highly proficient in using a variety of computer applications.
- Decision making, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks without detailed guidance and monitoring; develops plans of action.
- Ability to demonstrate effective and appropriate communication skills, use and adapt approach in various situations.
This is a full-time work from home position. Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30. Targeted yearly compensation includes competitive base salary plus incentive, based on meeting sales targets. We are also pleased to offer a Presidents Club to recognize top performers who achieve excellence in their role.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
March 31, 2021
May 1, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.