Senior Service Desk Analyst (Infrastructure & Operations) - Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
April 1, 2021
May 1, 2021
Our Service Desk is the central point of contact for inquiries and service requests received from internal employees and external stakeholders. Our customers expect a high level of quality in services from our Service Desk team, like having technical and customer service skills to provide excellent customer experience.
It is essential that the successful candidate brings demonstrated proficiency in these skills and assist us in continuing to build and maintain a reputation of excellence by providing outstanding support and customer experience through effective communication and continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide first line response for our customers both internal and external needing assistance with issues and problems.
- Work on Human Resources related service requests.
- Work with department managers to complete site evaluations and onboarding of new hires.
- Provision access for our customers.
- Create custom reports when requested.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone and/or email.
- Track issues to resolution using IT service management tools, updating the internal knowledge base and communicate learnings with relevant business units.
- Route tickets requiring more expertise to the appropriate support teams.
- Coordinate the service between customers and other teams when necessary.
- Maintain the Service Desk operating procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the existing processes through analysis, reviews, and reporting, as well as through automation, innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Build functional knowledge and support other functions within Service Desk as required.
- Participate in leadership type activities to help motivate the team.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a senior analyst in Service Desk is required.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required.
- Experience in a customer service environment with a proven track record of being customer oriented, friendly and approachable.
- ITIL/ITSM certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Office, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams.
- Experience in setting up the framework for self-service initiatives and automating Service Desk workflows and processes.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Problem solving proficiency with a strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to a team environment with team contribution focus.
- Ability to work independently as well as under direct supervision.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a fast-paced service delivery environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to write procedural policy and guidelines.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 1, 2021
May 1, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.