Sales Representative – Grande Prairie Region
Permanent Full Time
April 1, 2021
April 30, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is an Alberta based, not-for-profit company dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting wellness to all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver on our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Under the direction of the Manager, Group Sales & Business Development North, will be responsible for new business, retention and profitability targets being met or exceeded and that the business is financially viable, administratively feasible and enhances the overall customer experience. One of the fundamentals of the position is to promote and market Alberta Blue Cross to various community and business organizations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be able to quickly create a level of trust, which includes maintaining values and behaviors with all clients and prospects while keeping promises in delivering strong results.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with clients and community leaders.
- Work at multiple locations,
including onsite at the office, mobile and at home
Review employer and plan sponsor requests and gather necessary information to meet Alberta Blue Cross’ underwriting and administration requirements.
- Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge of the suite of products and services.
- Timely follow-up of all quotes and proposals and determine the
competitiveness in the group insurance market.
Assist in the enrollment and installation of new business.
Present renewals to the assigned book of business, ensuring that the cost of doing business is on a viable basis.
- Lead sales, administrative and educational presentations to employers and plan sponsors.
- Assist management in advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Participate in project related activities with cross functional groups.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Focused and self-motivated on all targets and goals.
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads, frequent changes and other pressures.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with benefit underwriters and the sales and service team demonstrating sensitivity to team, department and individual needs.
- A continuous learner with a desire to enroll in continuing educational courses, industry related conferences, seminars as required.
- Life, Accident, and Sickness in Alberta licensing
Other assets that you can bring to the position would be employee benefits experience and knowledge, including underwriting, trends and marketplace drivers.
We offer a performance-based incentive program, competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 1, 2021
April 30, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.