Case Manager Assistant (CMA) – Life & Disability Services
Temporary Full Time
April 7, 2021
May 7, 2021
Under the direction and supervision of the Team Manager, Life and Disability Claims Services, the Case Management Administrator (CMA) is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the management team and all Case Managers in accordance with the required standards, policies and procedures of the department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepares correspondence for employers, claimants, physicians and other treatment/care providers, lawyers, etc.
- Writes minutes of meetings and transcribes files notes, letters and medical consultant reports.
- Prepares vouchers for Weekly Indemnity, Long Term Disability and Life claims.
- Validates member and group eligibility information using different enrolment systems.
- Updates various databases for reporting purposes.
- Handles outgoing and incoming mail, faxes, files photocopying, and purchase orders for office supplies for the department.
- Assists in claims archiving and records storage.
- Assists with other administrative/clerical duties as required in the department.
- Assists in organizing and preparing necessary logistics for group meetings training/learning sessions and social events.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Related post secondary education.
- Must possess excellent knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be able to assess priorities in a confident manner.
- Must be flexible, innovative and independent.
- Must work effectively with fellow employees and staff from other departments in a team focused atmosphere.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with database management is an advantage.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
April 7, 2021
May 7, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.