Wellness Coordinator- Wellness- Temporary Eighteen Month Maternity Leave
Temporary Full Time
April 8, 2021
May 8, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Coordinator will be responsible to provide administrative and coordination for various wellness programs, processes, and services while interacting with both internal and external Alberta Blue Cross clients and community partners to support the implementation of our wellness strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Act as department point of contact and respond to internal and external inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Help build and maintain positive relationships within the team and external parties.
- Support, and in some cases, lead the growth and development of operational processes for wellness solutions for our department, clients, and community partners.
- Schedule, organize and coordinate meetings, including completion and circulation of meeting minutes.
- Ensure technology is set up correctly for all meeting types and functions (video conferencing, presentations, webinars etc.)
- Coordinate and assist with a variety of wellness programs and initiatives that support our clients, community partners and internal stakeholders such as lunch and learns, presentations, community fairs or other events as required.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of administrative and operational functions including preparation of documents, processing expenses, budget tracking, record keeping, contracts, request forms and maintenance of files and filing system.
- Support department onboarding, recognition, and team collaboration.
- Involvement with special projects such as supporting Managers and Project Coordinator with engaging broad groups, defining, and documenting processes, building presentations, scoping budget expenses, researching or resourcing materials, information or products, and other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree; or prior experience in administration.
- Require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in video conferencing software. A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- The ability to work independently and proactively while ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Must have excellent time management and
Must possess excellent customer service skills and work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cope under pressure in a fast-paced environment and deal with sensitive interpersonal issues.
- Require strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation, and independence.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office is required. Experience in Visio, SharePoint, and WebEx would be an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 8, 2021
May 8, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.