Senior Group Sales Representative – Red Deer
Permanent Full Time
April 8, 2021
May 8, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Under the direction of the Manager, Group Sales and Business Development South, the Senior Group Sales Representative is responsible for the creation of new business while managing an existing book of business and ensuring that the business that is negotiated is financially viable, administratively feasible and creates a positive customer experience. One of the basic fundamentals of the position is to promote and market Alberta Blue Cross to various community and business organizations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Actively solicit new business opportunities.
- Complete and present proposals and quotations to prospective groups and advisors.
- Timely follow-up to determine competitiveness in the group insurance market.
- Enroll and facilitate installations of new group clients and
ensure the customer is familiarized with Alberta
Blue Cross administrative and claiming processes.
Present and place renewals for the region’s book of business.
- Maintain an existing group account service file.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with group clients and advisors.
- Cooperate with all staff to ensure that overall plan objectives are achieved.
- Provide input to project planning, scheduling, status reporting, and project budgets.
- Participate in project related activities
with cross functional groups.
Prepare regular business development status updates for management.
- Attend group meetings, trade shows and conferences when appropriate and/or necessary.
- Assist management in advertising and marketing campaigns.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with advisors, underwriters and the sales team. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the group insurance industry or similar industry.
- Demonstrate prior success in sales, building a sales territory or book of business.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads, frequent changes, ambiguity and other pressures.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communications as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to department and individual needs.
- Demonstrate supervisory and managerial skills.
- A willingness to enroll in industry educational courses, i.e. CEBS and attend industry related conferences and seminars as required.
- Life, Accident, and Sickness licensing is required.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a performance-based incentive commission program, competitive salary, and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca.
Join our team
April 8, 2021
May 8, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.