Manager, Community Impact- Corporate Relations
Permanent Full Time
April 9, 2021
May 9, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Empowering people to live their best lives is our social purpose and our Manager of Community Impact leads our initiatives to engage, connect and partner with our communities’ as we are making a positive difference in the wellbeing of Albertans.
The Manager, Community Impact role is a unique opportunity to join a passionate team of experts under the guidance of the Vice-President of Corporate Relations, in developing and executing on our strategy to create impact across the communities we serve. Our Community Impact team brings our Alberta Blue Cross brand to life through sponsorships, programs, and partnerships. As a well-connected, engaged, and passionate leader, you will create meaningful relationships that advance the Alberta Blue Cross brand. You will lead a small team of connectors and community engagers that work collaboratively with various departments internally to ensure our vision for community partnerships and sponsorships complements our overall brand vision and social purpose.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Manager, Community Engagement plays an active role establishing and negotiating community impact partnerships and sponsorships as well as internally-led programs such as the Alberta Blue Cross Scholarship Program, Healthy Communities Grant Program and Street Team. Through this role, the manager maximizes the effectiveness and brand reach of sponsorships with partner organizations; builds and expands relationships with partner organizations; leverages opportunities for onsite and cross-promotion of involvements; identifies and explores opportunities for future community engagement initiatives; coordinates participation and attendance at sponsored events and functions; and undertakes follow-up to assess value, reach and coordination of recognition. This individual also leads department planning and budgeting for the Community Impact department.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President of Corporate Relations and works closely with the Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department. This position is considered mobile so is predominantly work from home with occasional time in the office. As our involvements are province-wide, this position requires occasional travel across Alberta and will include occasional evening/ weekend commitments throughout the year.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Relevant post-secondary education and training.
- Five to ten years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- A creative and strategic thinker with proven experience in reimagining sponsorship strategies.
- Proven ability to anticipate trends and adapt projects and structures to meet the dynamic needs of community.
- Exceptional listening skills; someone who seeks to understand situations and people.
- Confidence and expertise in managing all levels of relationships from Executives and external partners to team members.
- A proven ability to negotiate and secure mutually successful partnerships.
- Experience having difficult conversations to improve partnerships.
- Second-to-none communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for community connection and fostering authentic relationships.
- Proven organizational, project management, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, high detail orientation, high level of resourcefulness and creativity.
- High level of professionalism and service orientation.
- Knowledge of brand and social media, trends, and strategy.
- High level of proficiency with the English language (both written and spoken).
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 9, 2021
May 9, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.