Analyst II – Clinical Drug Services
Permanent Full Time
April 13, 2021
May 13, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
We currently have an opening for the position of Analyst II in our Clinical Drug Services department. This position is responsible for delivering exceptional Special Authorization service to our customers, within established standards for turn-around. Special authorization is a process whereby prescribers can request coverage for specific drugs for their patients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assess and render decisions on Special Authorization requests according to the established guidelines for drug(s) requested and accepted medical condition(s).
- Determine appropriate system entry and correspondence information to be recorded.
- Enter information on Alberta Blue Cross computer systems regarding Special Authorization requests in order to facilitate appropriate claims adjudication.
- Prepare correspondence advising prescribers and subscribers of decisions regarding Special Authorization requests.
- Handle electronic and telephone inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- The ability to work occasional weekdays until 5:00 pm, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotation basis is required.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in the health services or medical field (i.e. Pharmacy Technician diploma, Medical Office Administration certificate/diploma), or directly related experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and familiarity with drug names is required. Pathophysiology would be an asset.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and preferably Access) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads and frequent change.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be service-oriented and responsive to our customers. This includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca.
Join our team
April 13, 2021
May 13, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.