Psychiatrist Consultant - Life & Disability Services
April 14, 2021
May 14, 2021
Alberta Blue Cross has an excellent opportunity for a psychiatrist to join our consultant network which allows for flexible work arrangements. This consultant would apply their knowledge and expertise to support the disability claims management team. The primary focus will be providing specialist medical advice and interpretation of medical records and reports, to provide effective diagnosis reviews and discuss treatment outcomes.
This position will appeal to motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are looking for different ways to apply their superior communication and organizational skills in a non-clinical setting. The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively and transparently with multiple stakeholders to assist with the administration of benefits.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary education from an accredited institution and a current practice permit from the applicable provincial regulatory body or professional institution.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a registered psychiatrist working in the field.
- 5-7 years experience with Short Term Disability and Long Term disability claims management in a group insurance environment.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills, for gathering information, writing, and documenting reports in a timely and efficient manner, making recommendations, and promoting relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstration of strong ethical standards, practices and professional integrity is essential.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft programs.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
April 14, 2021
May 14, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.