Application Manager – Information Technology
Permanent Full Time
April 15, 2021
May 7, 2021
The IT Applications area plays a key role in the delivery of business services at Alberta Blue Cross. Under direction of the Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of business applications and services and will provide leadership, direction, and coaching to the portfolios’ Team Managers in the pursuit of service delivery excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Accountable for end to end operational portfolio management.
- Responsible for the performance, availability, capacity, change, and major incident management of mission critical business applications and services in a 24x7 operational environment including participation in the on-call rotation.
- Responsible for tactical/operational plans to enable projects, operational initiatives, and systems support and to manage resource utilization to deliver on mandates.
- Responsible to recruit and mentor team members in partnership with the Team Manager, with the goal of building and retaining innovative, engaged and high performing teams.
- Provide oversight, career development, and supervisory functions for all direct reports.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment in alignment with our core values.
- Lead operational and corporate projects in alignment with our corporate project management methodology.
- Ensure successful delivery of quality solutions that meet stakeholder expectations.
- Build and manage effective customer and vendor relationships by understanding related business strategy, operational goals and managing expectations.
- Communicate effectively with various levels of management and provide exceptional customer service to stakeholders at all levels.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related program.
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience managing application support teams through resource management, hiring, performance reviews, time management, and training plans.
- Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional projects, enterprise-level service delivery and operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated strengths in negotiation, budgeting, planning, organizing, and delegating.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including superior critical thinking skills and decision-making confidence.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication and demonstrated commitment to customer experience.
- Strong presentation skills including ability to present technical material to audiences with varying degrees of technical competence.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until Friday, May 7, 2021. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 15, 2021
May 7, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.