Team Lead – Life and Disability Services
Permanent Full Time
April 23, 2021
May 23, 2021
With the guidance of the Manager of Life & Disability Services, this position is responsible for managing both the people and the processes in the adjudication and delivery of life and disability benefits which includes effective disability case management strategies.
Working within a team environment, this position will coach, develop, and support the Life & Disability Services team. The successful candidates will have exemplary interpersonal skills, proven leadership capacity, strong problem-solving ability and technical skills, change management skills and outstanding commitment to providing excellent service.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute to a dynamic work environment by identifying opportunities to continuously improve processes to better meet our service excellence and financial commitment to our customers.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of group insurance, disabilities and claims management strategies and lead innovation and change management by staying current with industry trends and legislation changes.
- Act as the primary resource for your assigned team, giving employees direction and overseeing workload management, assist with complex cases and provide consultation on escalated claims.
- Contribute to the ongoing business retention and growth by cultivating excellence in your team and proactively engaging with our customers. Working closely with our sales and marketing teams, providing support in achieving our growth targets.
- Proactively address clients’ needs or complaints that may be escalated to you and help your team to prioritize work items to meet client service standards.
- Manage assigned portfolio and become subject matter expert on assigned groups.
- Ensure proper application of rules and regulations as outlined in the Group Policy and in accordance with the Canadian Life and Health Association (CLHIA) guidelines.
- Plan, implement and evaluate sound case management principles.
- Responsible for the issuance of correct benefit payment.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A minimum of five years of related experience, knowledge and work experience in group insurance with a disability focus.
- Demonstrated competence and willingness for further development in the context of the leadership framework.
- Experience in a leadership role would be an asset.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Decision making abilities as well as strong analytical and problem-solving abilities are a must.
- Ability to speak to trends, stats and disability experience.
- Must be able to work under pressure and demonstrate conflict resolution skills.
- Must have demonstrated initiative, results orientation, and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Commitment to quality customer service is required for success in this position. This includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the challenges of heavy workloads and frequent change.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
April 23, 2021
May 23, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.