Intermediate Business Analyst
Permanent Full Time
April 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
OVERVIEW:As the successful candidate, you will facilitate business application enhancements and potential new development to enhance your department's capacity to meet customer needs. You will utilize your ability to understand business issues and needs with analytical expertise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Document requirements using use case modeling concepts.
- Ensure smooth and timely implementation of business application enhancements.
- Liaise with technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and design phases.
- Develop, execute, and review test plans to ensure system accuracy and efficiency while attaining desired functionality.
- Investigate problems and issues arising from the business and provide an explanation and possible recommendations to resolve these issues.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- A related technical degree or diploma, which focuses on systems development or business analysis.
- A minimum of five years related experience, preferably in providing user support and the business perspective to the development of a system and quality assurance testing and planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to draw out requirements from the business area and effectively communicate those requirements to the Information Technology area.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Decision-making ability and demonstrated leadership potential is essential.
- Experience using Insurance information systems is preferred.
- Ability to meet the challenges of a fast-paced changing environment.
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management principles and tools would be beneficial.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a
workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower
and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their
unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
Join our team
April 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.