Case Manager – Life and Disability Services
Permanent Full Time
December 23, 2020
February 5, 2021
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Alberta Blue Cross has two opening for a permanent full time Case Manager which allows for flexible work arrangements. This position is responsible for managing an assigned block of Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability claims. The Case Manager is responsible for the initial decision making on the claim as well as ongoing management that includes developing and monitoring treatment plans, return to work planning and rehabilitation programs. The Case Manager develops relationships with involved parties and provides expert advice to internal and external customers on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Adjudicate Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability claims.
- Ensure proper application of rules and regulations as outlined in the Group Policy and in accordance with the Canadian Life and Health Association (CLHIA) guidelines.
- Plan, implement and evaluate sound case management principles.
- Responsible for the issuance of correct benefit payment.
- Responsible for professional and accurate verbal and written communication with all stakeholders.
- Manage assigned portfolio and become subject matter expert on assigned groups.
- Communicate with other Alberta Blue Cross departments including Medical Underwriting, Group Underwriting, Sales, Group Administration, Accounting, etc. to provide and exchange information regarding claims activities, eligibility and financial transactions.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Experience and/or education related to disability claims management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance benefit industry is considered an asset.
- Requires analytical skills, detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the decision-making process especially when under pressure.
- Strong team-player skills and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strength in the areas of flexibility, innovation and independence.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public, peers, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel will be an asset.
- Enrollment in LOMA or other industry related courses would be an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive
employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the
communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by
welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/
Join our team
December 23, 2020
February 5, 2021
Team members at Alberta Blue Cross are valued, experiencing opportunities to achieve and learn on their journey with us. When our people are thriving, that’s when they can reach their goals, gain new skills and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. Our people make Alberta Blue Cross great.
We believe that people, workplaces and communities deserve to be and live well—and we can help. As a benefits provider and wellness leader, we have the opportunity to play an important role in fostering the health and well-being of our customers across their lifetimes. We provide benefits to more than 1.8 million Albertans through group, government and individual plans. Alberta-based, not-for-profit, wellness-driven, customer committed.