Our benefits start with quality health and dental coverage and they extend much further to wellness, educational assistance, leadership training and more.
Take care of your health
Health and dental benefits
Employee Family Assistance Program
Life insurance and disability benefits
We know a lot about benefits—we've learned how to build a plan that works for the more than 1.8 million people we cover, including 5,700 employer groups.
- Comprehensive health, dental, spending account and travel coverage.
- Employee Family Assistance Program—short—term counselling and support services.
- Local Authorities Pension Plan.
- Life insurance and disability benefits.
Improve your well—being
Committed to health and wellness
On—site fitness facilities
Mental and health training
To us, when people are well, they have the freedom to live, work, travel and play free of disease and illness–and we help to make this a reality for our team members.
- Daily 15—minute paid wellness breaks.
- On—site, free fitness facilities and classes.
- Dedicated wellness department and team member wellness programming.
- Mental health training for all team members.
- Access to Pisani Plaza, our accessible outdoor wellness park.
Prioritize your education and development
Educational assistance funding
Career planning supports
Learning and development programs
We want to empower our team members to reach their potential—professionally and personally.
- Full—time team members are eligible for up to $4,000 per year in educational assistance funding; part-time team members are eligible for up to $2,000 per year.
- Our development programs give team members opportunities to learn and advance.
- After one year of employment, team members' dependant children are eligible for educational assistance, up to $4,000 per student.
Care for your family and your time
Work style allowance
Alternative work arrangements
Self, sick and family care days
At Alberta Blue Cross®, we’re people first by creating a team member-centric workplace. Our flexible and supportive programs make sure team members can put first priorities first.
- Work style allowance provides financial support for work—related expenses.
- Alternative work arrangements support team members to do their best work.
- Self, sick and family care days allow team members to care for their families and themselves.